[mythtv-users] 1st tuner on Nova-t 500 can't tune

M1ANH m1anh at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:56:46 UTC 2008

RE: First tuner stops working, in Mythweb "0B" is displayed in the file size
and no screen shot is avaliable.
In the console (dmesg) I get a mix of:

mt2060 I2C read failed
mt2060 I2C write failed

Oliver Maunder-3 wrote:

> but it looks like it could be related to EIT scanning.
> In the console I get lots of entries like:
>
> [735440.608000] mt2060 I2C read failed
>
> I was going to try disabling EIT and setting up XMLTV instead, but I think
> I'll wait until Radio Times sort out their listings!

After reading this I changed my setting in the Mythbackend - Sources to "No
Grabber"
It has now been running for a week with no missed recording.
So I changed it back to the EIT Data source, waited an hour, and "mt2060 I2C
read failed" was reported in the console.
Currently I am manually updating the guide by turning on and off the EIT
data in the sources to work around the problem.
There must be a bug here some where? I was going to have a channel tidy up,
It could be trying to tune in to a channel that has no or invalid data.
Possibly an encrypted channel. I no very little about how this works, but
you are on to something here. Thanks for the post.