[mythtv-users] Errors Watching x.264 encoded videos..

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 23:06:05 UTC 2008

I'm working on encoding my TV DVD shows from the huge files, to
something a bit smaller in order to save some room on my shrinking
array. I've been testing some different methods of encoding, xvid and
x.264, the xvid turn out fine, however when I play the x264 in myth
video I get a black screen. I have to SSH in and restart the frontend.

I looked in the logs for mythfrontend and I have bunch of these:
cannot load glyph:10
cannot load glyph:11
cannot load glyph:12
cannot load glyph:13
cannot load glyph:14
cannot load glyph:15
cannot load glyph:16

Then some of this fun:
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]non existing PPS referenced
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 17
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 16
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 0
[h264 @ 0xb71c02e8]Unknown NAL code: 0

Repeated over and over.

I did a search, and did find an old post, but it had no solution, does
any one else have any suggestions?