[mythtv-users] DVB-T users in the UK - please send me your dvbscan channels.conf file

Justin Hornsby justin at mythtvthemes.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 22:55:47 UTC 2008

Virgin is moving (or has finished moving) to a common channel lineup for
all areas regardless of whether they're ex-NTL, ex-Telewest or whatever
which will greatly simplify things.  Not that it'd be much of an issue
to find a way to let the user choose come configuration time.

I started laying foundations for a channel config wizard but got
distracted by several other projects along the way.  What I got done is
up at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.hornsby2/chanwiz/ - no doubt
the channel numbers are out of date now but you should get an impression
of what's possible.

How to handle channel number changes was one detail I didn't quite get
round to thinking about - letting users know their provider was swapping
their lineups around was always at the back of my mind but I thought I'd
cross that bridge when I got to it.

Justin