[mythtv-users] Is the Multirec update compatable with the HD-5000?

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Mon Jan 21 01:50:53 UTC 2008

Initially it is a simple question. Yes or No?

If yes, then I'm doing something wrong.

I updated to 15508 today. Following the instructions I read I opened
mythtv-setup and deleted all tuners and recreated them one by one.

I have 3 HD-5000's in my system. I set max recording for 2 on all 3 of them.
I checked the capturecard table and confirmed that 6 DVB tuners were
created.

When choosing the input source I made sure to set all of them to their own
DVB# item. I tried setting only one group and when that didn't work I set
both groups to the same.

To test I selected 6 shows all airing on different channels but making sure
to pair them so that only 3 multiplex were being used.

I should have had 6 recordings going at the same time. Instead I had 3 and 3
conflicts.

What did I do wrong?

I am including the capturecard, cardinput, and inputgroup tables from my
database as text files for review.

Help!

Marc