[mythtv-users] A clustered PVR just rocks...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 20 19:09:40 UTC 2008

* On Sun Jan 20, 2008 at 09:56:21AM -0800, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Bradley Bell <bradleyb at u.washington.edu> says:
> > I hadn't known about this. I have been running a tunerless master
> > backend for several months, and had no problems until recently
> > (perhaps triggered by adding a few more slaves). What sort of issues
> > would one expect to see when running a tunerless backend?
>
> I, too, am curious. I've known about the non-supported nature of
> tunerless slave backends for almost the entire two+ years I've run
> MythTV, but for much of that time I've run with a tunerless slave
> backend,[1] blithely ignoring the severe danger I'm putting to my home
> network, the world economy, the universal level of entropy,
> etc. Clearly, I live on the edge.

I didn't say this was the butterfly that caused a hurricane, I just
said that it was unsupported.  IE, it's not a known working config.
In fact there are known bugs that, to date, none of the developers
have shown any interest in fixing because there isn't much of a
reason to run a backend without any tuners.

--
Chris