[mythtv-users] Vote for Miro Integration into MythTV

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Jan 20 02:25:22 UTC 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Besides--in the US, at least--you likely won't be able to afford to
> download TV or videos--even the legal-to-download ones--via the
> Internet...  ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20080118/tc_nf/57895 and
> http://news.wired.com/dynamic/stories/T/TIME_WARNER_CABLE_INTERNET?SITE=WIRE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-01-17-07-42-17
> )  The Internet is just a fad, anyway.  :)

I don't think this will last.  Flat-rate Internet billing is pretty
ingrained in the U.S.  They'll give up when people start flocking to
competing ISPs.

It reminds me of how from time to time phone companies would float
trial balloons about charging by the minute for local calls, because
of all those BBS and Internet users who were tying up their switches
for long periods of time with their new-fangled "modems."