[mythtv-users] Beware CentOS 5.1 Xorg 1.1.1-48.26 update w/ nv 100.14.19

Anthony Zawacki azmail at thezawackis.com
Sat Jan 19 19:55:23 UTC 2008

I updated my mythfrontend machine today and found that after the update,
and after a reboot, mythfrontend began crashing the server at startup.

That last thing output from mythfrontend was
Switching to square mode (G.A.N.T)

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia drivers, having seen
some posts similar to my problems, but that didn't fix it.  I logged
into the machine as root and ran nvidia-settings, and when I tried to
switch to the OpenGL tab, X crashed in the same manner as when I started
mythfrontend.

I found if I commented out the Load "glx" from the Section "Module" myth
started working again.

Eventually, I'll have to fix this, as we also play stepmania on this
machine, but for now, it gets myth back up and running which is more
important as this is the frontend in our family room.