[mythtv-users] Help with xmltv UK (Radiotimes) and MythTV?

Andrew Sayers andrew-mythtv-users at pileofstuff.org
Fri Jan 18 15:46:49 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:
> So far as support for the new xmltv functionality in Myth is concerned, one of
> the things that has puzzled me with the existing setup is this: Why is it
> necessary to have a static <sourcename>.xmltv file for UK users?
<snip>

I posted a guide for setting up XMLTV last week, stage 4 of which
includes a script to do this.  It's mostly MySQL with a bit of shell
scripting around it, which might even be easier to do in C++.  I'd
considered putting this in a cron job, but I could give you a hand if
you're prepared to write up a patch.

The guide is archived at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/309462?search_string=andrew%20sayers;#309462

	- Andrew