[mythtv-users] Help with xmltv UK (Radiotimes) and MythTV?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:12:43 UTC 2008

> So far I'm adding the video source and scanning for channels.  Then I
>  mythfilldatabase when I exit mythtv-setup but it seems not to link the channels that
>  were scanned with the information that was downloaded from Radiotimes.

I'm not sure whether it is able to do that linking or not?

What I've always ended up doing is going into the channel editor (or
you can phpadmin or mythweb I think) and manually setting the xmltvids
for each channel to the values created by tv_grab_uk_rt.  I'm not at
my machine now but if I remember right, they're in a file called
channels.conf in .xmltv/  in the home directory of the user that
tv_grab_uk_rt was run as.  They look a bit like domain names:
bbc.bbc1.london.  etc

It's a bit of a pain doing it manually, but if you're on terrestrial
there's only a few channels to do and if you're on DVB then you can
leave most of the channels on EIT and do the rest a few channels at a

If you're using cable - bad luck!

If there is a way to automate this I'd be glad to know it?