[mythtv-users] Duplicating "mythtranscode" with ffmpeg/mencoder etc.

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:18:22 UTC 2008

Folks,

I'm trying to replace mythtranscode for doing my transcoding to mpeg 4(on
account of the difficulty in reliably converting nuv files in high quality
to avi. Nuvexport insists on re-encoding which can result in a dramatic loss
of quality).

The trouble is I just can't seem to get my transcodes to be as good quality
as mythtranscode produces...

My mythtranscode settings are:
Encode to MPEG4
Bitrate: 2400
Quality:  2 - 15

Enable: High Quality Encoding. (I can't remember exactly what it's called)

Does anyone know what setting in ffmpeg would duplicate this?

Cheers

Steve