[mythtv-users] 0.21

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 03:12:37 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 6:51 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> So just understand that if you *do* have problems, you might be in deep
> water.  I wrote this up on the wiki; I think it's still called "Alpha
> Test".

My system consists of four frontend/backend combo systems that my family has
grown to embrace.  They are completely impatient with any outage.

I've been running from SVN for about 18 months, primarily to get the new
firewire features.  For most of that time, my system has been real stable.

But every now and then, I'll update to the latest SVN and encounter
undesired features.  (Then I wonder "why did I do this?") If you are going
to go this route, then you need to at least know how to roll back to an
earlier version.

I'm by no means a Linux expert; but this is not for the masses.

Tom