[mythtv-users] NFS problems

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Wed Jan 16 20:12:38 UTC 2008

As of yesterday I started having NFS problems with my machines.  It
started when I rebooted one of my frontends and it wouldn't reconnect to
the NFS shares on my backend.  This this morning after a power outage my
other frontend had similar issues.

So I went to my backend and attempted to mount a share from it to it.
That failed several times and then without me really doing anything it
started succeeding.  Going back to my frontend sadly it didn't just
magically start working either.

Looking in /var/log/messages I can see the frontend connect because it
logs an entry:

mountd[4193]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.254.248:765 for
/home/mythtv (/home/mythtv)

but on the frontend it just says that it timed out.  I am not even sure
where to look to troubleshoot this as NFS has never really been my
strong suite.  Can anyone offer a little advice on what to look for or
look at?

Brent