[mythtv-users] MythTV and Zalman HD-160 LCD output

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jan 16 17:12:19 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 9:01 AM, Irumbo Mateene wrote:

> I have a Zalman HD-160 with an LCD display at the front of the
> case.  I downloaded and installed the correct software for this case
> from website.  This case is using a modified version of LCDproc that
> is version 0.4.*.  The latest version of lcdproc is 0.5*
>
> I was able to get the LCD display outputting something like "  ##
> LCDProc Server? ## Cli 0 Svr 0 on 2 lines of output.
>
> So far so good.
>
> I am not seeing any status messages, I have mythlcdserver enabled in
> front end.    I also have a PVR-150 card that uses a blaster to
> change my STB.  The PVR-150 is using lirc.   I have to have lirc
> running otherwise my blaster doesn't work.
>
> In my LCDd.conf file I have it set to litsen to same port # that
> mythlcdserver is using.
>
> If I start mythfrontend the display on LCD changes from Cli 0 to Cli
> 1 as in:  ## LCDProc Server? ## Cli 1 Svr 0
>
> that's all I see.
>
> What do I need to do to get mythlcdserver to send data to my LCD
> display.  The myth wiki on this subject mentioned dropping an object
> file in a path where mythlcdserver could find it, some how this
> din't make sense to me ..
>
> by the way I am using myth svn ..
>
> thx
>
> IM

I have this in my startup script:
/usr/local/irtrans/irserver -start_clock -daemon -logfile /var/log/
irserver.log -pidfile /var/run/irserver.pid /dev/ttyUSB0
/usr/local/sbin/LCDd &

Relevant section from /etc/LCDd.conf:
[server]
# Server section with all kinds of settings for the LCDd server

Driver=irtrans
#
# Tells the server to load the given drivers. Multiple lines can be
given.
# NOTE: You may activate several input (input only) drivers but only
ONE output
#       driver, which should be the first.

Bind=127.0.0.1
# Tells the driver to bind to the given interface

Port=13666
# Listen on this specified port; defaults to 13666.

I'm assuming you turned on LCD Display in MythFrontend.

I killed my mythlcdserver and ran it from a shell so I could see what
it was doing. At the same time, I ran frontend from a shell so I could
see what it was doing with the LCD stuff. Check your logs and see what
they tell you.