[mythtv-users] HDHR Intermittent Recording

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 02:38:40 UTC 2008

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone.  I guess I do have a
life after all!  Below is the answer to your question, Yeechang.

> Signal strength by itself is almost meaningless with ATSC. It's
> unfortunate that mythfrontend only reports this number. Try this:
>
> hdhomerun_config xxxxxxxx get /tuner0/debug (or /status)

I ran the command as you suggested.  Here are the results.

[root at MythBackend libhdhomerun]# hdhomerun_config 10106767 get /tuner0/debug
tun: ch=8vsb:557000000 lock=8vsb ss=100 snq=88 seq=100 dbg=23628-8409
dev: resync=0 overflow=0
ts:  bps=19392576 ut=50 te=0 miss=0 crc=0
flt: bps=9763968
net: pps=927 buferr=0 neterr=0 stop=0

I then ran it with the watch command.  The SNQ never got below 88.  If I
interpreted your email correctly, this is a very good thing.  Unfortunately,
this problem hasn't happened for about a week.  And when it did happen, we
weren't having any weather issues so I don't think that was the problem.
How would I go about figuring this out?  If I turn on logging, how bad will
it get?  I have a 160GB SATA disk in there as my OS drive.  Is logging the
answer?  I only record The Simpsons, Family Guy, Star Trek TOS, and now I'm
trying to watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles (I haven't seen it yet, but I am
recording it right now, so I'll give it a shot).  Thanks all for your
patience and all your assistance.

Jim