[mythtv-users] Viewing encrypted DVB-S channels

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Mon Jan 14 19:05:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 08:43 +0100, belcampo wrote:
> Re: [mythtv-users] Viewing encrypted DVB-S channels To: Discussion about
> mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> Message-ID:
> <1200219388.13378.14.camel at phoenix> Content-Type: text/plain On Sat,
> 2008-01-12 at 13:43 +0000, Stroller wrote:
>  > > On 11 Jan 2008, at 19:36, Johan wrote:
>  >> > > ... since all dutch
>  >> > > satellite channels are encrypted, this is a major issue and I
>  >> > > decided to
>  >> > > get a CI interface an a CAM, to use with my official subscription
>  >> > > smart
>  >> > > card.
>  >> > >
>  >> > > To my surprise it does not work, I do not get to see the encrypted
> DVB-S and CI-Interface and CAM should indeed work as you expected. It
> works in Mythtv for several years for me in the Netherlands. And if it
> works as you say with Kaffeine, it should also work with all other apps.
> under linux.
>
> Belcampo

I just installed vdr, just for the sake of testing and it also works.

So this is not a linux dvb driver problem, but something in mythtv.
Just wondering where the difference is. Which version of mythtv are you
running in a working configuration ? I have already checked if the Pid
(Service id under Mythtv) entry in the mythconverge date base is ok, and
it looks like 2004 is the right number for RTL4.

Johan