[mythtv-users] Can't get TV-Out to work - need help

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Jan 13 22:35:50 UTC 2008

Scott Traurig wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:55:59 -0500
>> From: Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net>
>>
>> I have a MythTv box that used to work fine (Fedora 6 with Jarods
>> guide).  I did some changes, which degraded into a rebuild of the box.
>> So now I have Fedora 7 with Mythtv installed by following Jarod's guide,
>> but I can't get tvout to work correctly.
>>
>> Live TV works on the monitor.  I get text on the TV while it's booting ,
>> but nothing from X and nothing from Live TV.  Any suggestions on what I
>> missed?  Thanks,
>>

> Don,
>
> I have a composite only setup. I had to do two things: 1) NOT have a VGA
> monitor attached and 2) change my xorg.conf file to explicitly enable the
> composite output...
>
> Section "Device"
>
> 	Option "TVOutFormat" "Composite"
>
> st

Thanks Scott, but it used to work with both.  Since yesterday, I got
desperate to get this box working, so I downloaded MythDora 4 and
started from scratch.  It worked great!  I had a couple of minor
hitches, but it really did a nice job.  And guess what, both monitor and
TV work again!

I definitely missed some issues in xorg.conf and driver match-up, which
is probably where my original problem happened, but they have the right
combination for my setup.  Kudos to the MythDora team  :)

Don