[mythtv-users] CentOS 5.1 support

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:33:18 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 8:45 PM, Jacob Steenhagen <jacob at steenhagen.us> wrote:
> You either have to use the test repository or download/install a few RPMs
> manually (as I recall: libFLAC8, perl-XML-Twig, and PIL). This is because
> MythTV requires newer versions of these than what comes with CentOS 5.1 and
> the policy of atrpms stable for the el repositories is to not replace distro
> packages. Testing in the el repos is basically stable + distro replacements.
> I don't think freshrpms works with CentOS/RHEL; however, rpmforge does. I
> used that to get VLC and a couple other things that weren't in the offical
> CentOS repos or atrpms.

I got a little farther ;-)...

I made sure there were no priority settings in the CentOS-Base.repo
file in /etc/yum.repos.d and then set up my atrpms.repo in the same
directory as follows:
# atrpms.repo
name=ATrpms for RHEL and CentOS $releasever - $basearch

name=ATrpms Replacements/Additions for RHEL and CentOS $releasever -
$basearch rpms

Now, I still get the following errors when I attempt "yum install mythtv":
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(XML::Writer) >= 0.600 is needed by
package perl-XMLTV

Am I still missing a repository or is this a packaging error somewhere?