[mythtv-users] MythTV as a Gift (Hardware Recommendations)

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 09:36:16 UTC 2008

Iīd use mythwelcome and start mythfrontend from there, set idle shutdown
timer to 5 minutes or so in welcome.
Mythwelcome can easily be autostarted in gnome, donīt forget to use
autologin.
Only downside tho this is that I get to se popups about new updates for a
minute or two, but itīs probably a no brainer to disable.

As for autostarting the backend, that is not in any way distro related, itīs
done by a simple init script.
Also Iīd use ACPI timer for the machine to wakeup in time for a recording,
10-30 minutes ahead depending on disk size should be enough for fsck, then
padd the recording time with a few minutes. Shutdown after recordings should
be set to atleast 10 minutes, this gives it time to do some comdetection.

/Henrik