[mythtv-users] Australian TV station show times...

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 11 22:49:47 UTC 2008

Dean Harding wrote:
> Steve Daniels wrote:
>> I was thinking, and I couldn't keep this thought out of my mind. It's
>> not that the companies are incapable of making a schedule and sticking
>> to it, it's that they don't want to. The reason I think, is that they
>> believe they will keep hold of the viewer by using these tactics.
>> Imagine you've been watching your favourite programme of the evening
>> on channel "A", and your second favourite programme is on channel "B"
>> just after the one on A finishes. The network that run A probably have
>> a the sense to see that the programme on B is quite popular and will
>> pull viewers from their channel, so they make their program run 5-15
>> minutes late. Then it isn't worth changing channels from A to B
>> because you've already missed the start of the programme.
>
> That's probably the thinking, but it kind of defeats the purpose when
> they all do it :-)

Maybe you could play with their heads, by complaining that *because*
they mess with the timing, you never get to see the *end* of programme
A, because your wife requires you to switch to channel C to watch
programme C when *it* starts....and of course, that also means you only
get to watch the *end* of programme B...oh, and BTW you can't figure out
how to program your VCR to do this 'cause the time changes every week
(and that's not a lie, you cannot programme your VCR...especially if you
do not have one anymore!)

Geoff