[mythtv-users] Guide for setting up MCE remote

lemongecko at gmail.com lemongecko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:28:59 UTC 2008

On 1/10/08, Jonno <jonnojohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I just installed my first ever Mythbuntu system and things are
> running reasonably well.
>
> I got a Microsoft MCEUSB2 remote and it seems to be doing the basic
> things right (I just told Mythbuntu which remote I had duing the
> liveCD install). However there are some things which don't seem to
> work right (CH up/down jumps back/fwd) and also I can't find a button
> to exit LiveTV.
>
> Is there a guide for setting things up? Also since I picked the remote
> from a list I wouldve thought Mythbuntu wouldve set up the buttons to
> make more sense.

The Mythbuntu probably ships with the mce remote mapping that comes
with Myth in the "extras" dir. *shrug* As only one person submitted
his lircrc file, that's the one that gets used by default. Better than
nothing. Check out the LIRC page on the MythTV wiki, specifically the
LIRCRC heading:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LIRC#LIRCRC

It's a good place to start learning how to tweak your lircrc file.
It's not hard at all. Just make a backup of your original in case you
REALLY do something wierd and can't remember what used to do what. :-)