[mythtv-users] DVD ISO playback problems: Invalid IFO

Martin Ritchie ritchiem at apache.org
Wed Jan 9 20:52:15 UTC 2008

Thanks for the suggestions I'll perhaps try k9copy again. I know I
used something from the menus of the default mythdora as I was being
lazy but I haven't been able to get my latest SinCity DVD to work yet.
DD just yields IO error after 94Meg. (It is a dual layer disk, as are
most that I have.) I'll have to dig out The Long Way Round as that was
the first one I did that did work. I'd hate to have to result to using
a windows app. I could maybe resort to using one of the Macs in the
house but really I'd like to pop the disk in to the storage unit. Have
it suck the content off and pop the disk out as a way of asking for
more. Storage is cheep so I see no value in compressing it. When I get
a big tv (which I might afford if I stop buying storage) then
compressing BluRay might be worth while but till I have something that
will display a HD picture ISO DVD copies are good for me.

Just for the record I'd love to hide the numerous dvd boxes as Ii have
done with the CD collection. Then I can watch my films in any room at
any time with quick access rather than going.. oh wait where is that
one now. Don't know about you but my DVDs are not in any sort of
Alphabetical , Chronological , Autobiographical or even Box-Colour
order.

On 09/01/2008, Steve MacLaren <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2008 3:55 AM, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem at apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, like others on this list I am seeing the following problem in all
> > the apps I've tried:
> > mplayer,xine,ogle,mythvideo,vlc
> >
> > libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 2 (VTS_02_0.IFO).
> >
> > Now from what I've found out it seems to be that the libdvdread is
> > getting up set that it cannot determine the Region setting for the
> > 'DVD Drive' as this is an iso file there is no drive to query.
> >
> > Has anyone else had this issue and worked past it? The interesting
> > thing to note is that when I started using mythtv I managed to make an
> > ISO copy of a couple of my dvds then forgot what tool I used. Those
> > disks work 100% ok. Having forgotten the tool I used I've started
> > using k3b as it makes iso copies of the DVD and all of those so far
> > only play to the title page. The main features all result in an
> > Invalid IFO error.
> >
> > For reference I'm using the Mythdora 4.0 build as my custom myth box
> > went up in flames and I didn't want to spend an age getting the tv
> > card working again.
> > --
> > Martin Ritchie
> >
> I've had good results using k9copy to generate myth-playable .iso's...
>

> --

Martin Ritchie