[mythtv-users] Another step towards what I'd predicted

Mark Steckel mjs at qwsa.com
Wed Jan 9 18:29:51 UTC 2008

At 12:54 PM 1/9/2008, you wrote:
>The article covers the 700 mhz Auction, Cable TV, Comcast blocking
>BitTorrent, Satellite Radio and TV and DRM.  This is a summary of
>the interview and is a very quick read.
>I am impressed by his strong commitment to consumers and their
>rights.  It's about time.

While some of the recent FCC actions are positive, pro-consumer,
sadly, there are more than are fairly negative.

Two recent biggies are

1) Trying to push through an expansion of cross market ownership. That
    is, allowing a tv station owner to own a newspaper in the same

2) Trying to avoid enforcing the law which requires regulating cable
    companies now that their penetration has reached 70% of us house-

See the following link for a good discussion of #1.