[mythtv-users] Another step towards what I'd predicted

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Jan 9 18:01:31 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Tom Greer wrote:

> Gizmodo has a nice article relating to FCC Chairman Kevin Martin at http://gizmodo.com/342377/fcc-chairman-kicking-cable-and-wireless-ass-in-2008
>  .
>
> The article covers the 700 mhz Auction, Cable TV, Comcast blocking
> BitTorrent, Satellite Radio and TV and DRM.  This is a summary of
> the interview and is a very quick read.
>
> I am impressed by his strong commitment to consumers and their
> rights.  It's about time.

I've never been quite sure whether he's pro-consumer or just anti-
cable.  Mind you, either one would be a good thing, but the enemy of
my enemy is not always my friend.  If his end goal is to let the phone
companies compete against a closed cable system with a closed IPTV
system, I'm not sure that's all that much of an improvement.