[mythtv-users] Motorola DCH3200 STB: channel change?

mstrimel at comcast.net mstrimel at comcast.net
Tue Jan 8 19:16:21 UTC 2008

hi,
I have D.C. digital Comcast with the DCH3200.  Has anyone gotten this box to change channels via firewire?

I saw one person who wrote that they are able to download video from this box via firewire, but that's actually not what I need at the moment, I just want to change channels.  I tried using the 6200ch script downloaded from here, since the page says it could work other Motorola boxes: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_External_Channel_Changer

I also followed the instructions at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firewire to try and troubleshoot the connection.  The firewire tester reports some sort of a connection being made about 40% of the time in p2p mode.  However,  the 6200ch script fails with the (correct) message that "there is no Motorola 6200 found at port ieee1394".

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!
thanks,
Mary