[mythtv-users] Feature request: VBI captions on by default

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 8 07:51:11 UTC 2008

I asked last week:
> I would like to have VBI captions on by default.

I wrote a patch against 0.20.2, and submitted it as ticket #4444
(<URL:http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4444>). All it does is move
ATSC captions to the end of the preference list of caption formats, so
VBI gets triggered first if available. Now the "Always display closed
captioning or subtitles" setting is usable for me.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Slave backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6