[mythtv-users] myth shutting down incorrectly

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jan 6 10:30:47 UTC 2008

victor rajewski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been running mythtv quite successfully for a while now, using
> mythwelcome and mythshutdown to save power when its idle. Recently,
> without changing anything, it has started incorrectly shutting down
> even when watching TV. Before that, I had noticed it would shut down
> when the frontend is running but idle - I would have thought it should
> only shut down when idle and not connected at all.
>
> I'm running mythbuntu 7.10 on a combined FE/BE. Any thoughts on what's
> wrong and where I might look to fix it?
>
> Cheers,
>
> vik

The BE controls when to shutdown and will only ever start the shutdown
procedure when there are no FE's connected so it's hard to see how it
could possibly be shutting down while watching live TV unless for some
reason the sockets used for communication are being disconnected. You
could try running the FE and/or the BE wth the '-v socket' verbose flag
to see if that shows anything strange.

Paul H.