[mythtv-users] Frame rate problem when watching live TV

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 15:02:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 16:33 +0100, Mark Smit wrote:
> >> I am aware that my driver does not support XV, which can cause slowdowns.
> >> For this reason, I have tried the following to no avail:
> >
> > What is your basis for this statement? Fglrx definitely does support
> > xv as far as I am aware. Does it not support your graphics chip
> > properly?
>
> Flgrx has a problem with xv support for R600. When I configure for xv with
> "aticonfig --ovt=Xv" and reboot, and run xvinfo, I get the result "no
> adapters present".

Mark,

I don't have an R600 based Radeon nor do I use aticonfig, but could you
check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf Device section for something like this:
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R600-based card"
        Driver          "fglrx"
        Busid           "PCI:1:5:0"
        Option          "VideoOverlay"  "on"    # <--- This line needs
to be here for Xvideo to work
EndSection

I use an R300 card (Xpress 200M)... I am not 100% certain that newer
cards such as those R600-based need this line but I would think it would
be the same for anything using the fglrx driver.

Cheers,
Jesse Burt