[mythtv-users] Empty channel table and fetch channels from listings source

Ben Giddings bg-mythtv at infofiend.com
Fri Jan 4 16:47:28 UTC 2008

This morning I couldn't figure out why the programs that were
scheduled yesterday weren't recorded.  Looking deeper I saw that
although the listings all showed that these programs were in the
schedule, mythtv didn't seem to think that they were, saying things
like "this show does not match the current program listings".

I decided (perhaps foolishly) that the thing to do was to delete all
the capture cards and all the video sources and start over, but this
isn't working.

I can add the capture card sources fine (a PVR-500 with two inputs).
I can add the video sources fine (Comcast standard cable using
schedules direct listing).  When I try to use Input connections to
associate the two tuners with these video sources things don't go so
well.  I can manually scan for channels, and it finds all the ones I
get.  When I try "Fetch channels from listings source" it sits there
for a second, but nothing happens.  It's as if it failed, but there's
no error message anywhere, it just continues to say "Please add
channels to this source".

I tried running mythfilldatabase like this:

mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --only-update-channels --verbose
all

to see if it would update the channels, and I saw lots of SQL like
this printed out:

UPDATE channel SET callsign  = 'PUAC008',  name   = 'Public Access -
PUAC008',     channum   = '8',   freqid = 8,     atsc_major_chan =
8,     atsc_minor_chan = 0 WHERE xmltvid = '23483' AND sourceid = 1

But it's doing an "update" not an "insert", and looking at the
mythconverg database, I noticed that the channel table was empty.

Any idea what's going on here, and how to get my channels back, my
PVR-500 input sources associated with the cable they're connected to,
etc?

Thanks,

Ben