[mythtv-users] Experience with Shuttle PC's?

griz_quattro griz_quattro at tx.rr.com
Fri Jan 4 03:25:31 UTC 2008

Bob Sully wrote:

> I have two of them that I have been using as servers on my home network.
> I love the compact cases, and they are fairly feature-packed.  They've
> been relatively decent but BOTH of them developed problems with the
> on-board ethernet interface - which is a big problem when you have one PCI
> slot available in a machine that requires two network interfaces.  One of
> them I was able to fix by cleaning the plug out well; the other one was
> not repairable and I had to swap out the machine completely; I'll probably
> give that Shuttle machine to my daughter as a word-processor/Web-browser
> box, since it'll only need one NIC for that (will use the one PCI slot,
> probaby for a wireless NIC).
>
> $0.02 worth.
> Bob

Hey Bob,

Thought of this when you mention needing 2 NIC and only 1 PCI slot.
It is for 64 bit 33 mhz slot but should work in 32 bit 33 mhz slot.
http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=11552

I've never been is a situation where I only had a single PCI slot
but I think I will get one of these anyway to see how it all works.

Dennis