[mythtv-users] Stopping a recording *and* re-recording something.

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Jan 2 03:50:49 UTC 2008

Hi all

One thing that has always confused me is stopping a recording. When
setting up my latest box, I fired up a few recordings to check things
and once I had confirmed that all was OK I set about stopping those
recordings. Confusion reigns however. To do it, I went into the record,
cancelled the schedule, back out and selected Delete.

Is that the *only* way to stop a recording? Is there a Stop Recording
option somewhere that I have missed?

Which leads me to my other issue, I came across a "problem" where I set
of a scheduled record and found that nothing was being recorded (file
size said B). So I cancelled and deleted the program. I then fixed the
issue and went to re-record the program (which had already started) and
Myth refused to do it - it said that that showing had already been
recorded. There was nothing I could do other than go into the DB and
delete the "oldrecorded" record.

Again, is there something that I am missing?

I am currently on a new install - MythBuntu 7.10 with trunk install.
However, both of these have happened on previous installs as well using
most versions of Myth out there.

Cheers
Bruce