[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Dothan Centrino M unbelievably slow?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:37:26 UTC 2008

On 31/12/2007, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hopefully it's fast enough to watch DVD's and standard definition
> recordings then it won't be a bad holdover until I can budget in a Mac
> Mini or something.

Have you got Xv support working properly on the laptop? A P3-1000 is
usually more than enough to playback standard definition video and
DVDs, so something must be misconfigured.

# cat /proc/cpuinfo

# xvinfo

will reveal a lot of useful info which may help to debug what's wrong.

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: