[mythtv-users] SVN removal howto

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 22 06:51:15 UTC 2008

On 02/22/2008 01:27 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Check currentDatabaseVersion in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp in the
> -fixes branch and make sure it's greater than or equal to the version
> you're currently using.  The schema version number appears in the
> automatic backup you get (in trunk/0.21-fixes) before a schema change
> (i.e. mythconverg-<schemaver>-<datetime>.sql (perhaps .gz, too)).

Also should have mentioned that 0.21-fixes/trunk will try to do the
right thing.  I.e. if you have an older schema version than required and
start mythfrontend, it will tell you start mythbackend or mythtv-setup
to upgrade your DB (or use the -u flag to allow mythfrontend to upgrade
the schema).  If you have a newer schema version than required,
mythtv-setup/mythbackend/mythfrontend will exit with an error saying you
need to upgrade MythTV.

In other words, though it doesn't completely keep you from shooting
yourself in the foot (I'm leaving out instructions for how to do so),
with the automatic backup and the schema version checks/refusal to run
with the wrong schema version, Myth now provides steel-toe boots to help
minimize the damage you'll do.

Mike