[mythtv-users] SVN removal howto

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 22 06:27:15 UTC 2008

On 02/21/2008 09:19 PM, Nick F wrote:

>  On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:02 PM, David Watkins wrote:
> >
> >> I have a similar question - but less radical.  If I want to leave
> >> 'svn' and go to 0.21-fixes - I assume the two databases are
> >> currently compatible (same schema).
> >
> > I don't think you can assume that.
> >
>  I haven't seen on the commit list any schema differences between the
>  two branches (0-21-fixes and trunk) currently.  I must have missed it
>  then (given the flurry of activity and the fact I'm travelling).  Can
>  you please point out the schema differences.
>
>  Many thanks. I'm sure there must be some others that will take the
>  opportunity to  move from  trunk to fixes.

They are currently the same version.  They may not be the same version
when this hits your inbox (thus David's statement about not being able
to assume...).

Check currentDatabaseVersion in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp in the
-fixes branch and make sure it's greater than or equal to the version
you're currently using.  The schema version number appears in the
automatic backup you get (in trunk/0.21-fixes) before a schema change
(i.e. mythconverg-<schemaver>-<datetime>.sql (perhaps .gz, too)).

Mike