[mythtv-users] Alternative MythMovies grabber (using Google so works in UK)

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:23:13 UTC 2008

I've written a MythMovies grabber that uses Google's movie showtimes site (
www.google.com/movies/).

It's written in Perl and takes one argument which is the postcode/zipcode.
Once you've put the attached script on your machine and made it executable,
just change the grabber setting for MythMovies to
<path to script>/googlemovies.pl %z

Also set the Zip Code to your postcode/zipcode without spaces.

Both UK postcodes and US zipcodes work, maybe other countries work as well,
I really don't know what Google supports.

Ash