[mythtv-users] SVN multi-threading

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sat Feb 16 19:27:07 UTC 2008

I've seen that there have been some updates to trunk to allow
multi-threaded decoding of streams, and in the video profiles screen
there is a new 'max cpus' setting. However, that setting doesn't seem to
be doing anything, or even being saved, I can't find any evidence in the
settings table that it is stored there, and if I change it to '2', when
I play a stream it says 'Using 1 CPUs for decoding', and then I go back
into the video profile and it is set to 1 again. Also, does it only work
for h264 encoded streams, or will it help with MPEG2 as well?

I only ask because I am seeing more CPU usage on playback now than I was
a few weeks ago.

Tom