[mythtv-users] DVI/VGA -> Component?

Justin luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Fri Feb 8 20:11:40 UTC 2008

I currently take my PC video from my computer straight to the TV using a straight through VGA cable.  I have a mixer which does not support a VGA  or DVI input.  However, it does support many component inputs.  I see there are cables which can go from VGA or DVI to Component.  My question is will I have decernable loss in video quality if I do this?  My TV's native resolution is 1360x768 and i'd like to keep the signal at that resolution.  Will a DVI to component cable alter the resolution?  Will that cable be able to handle a 1360x768 progressive signal? The reason I want to do this is that I don't want to have to switch the TV input and the mixer input when I want to switch what I'm watching.  I  want it all to be controlled by the mixer.

If anyone has knowledge of this process I'd be great full for your insight.

Thanks