[mythtv-users] MythVideo question / feature request (?)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Wed Feb 6 19:24:51 UTC 2008

> From another point of view - would it be possible to glean this
> information during the Mythvideo scan?  Then it could be stored in the
> database, and I could do a db query to see what the AR is.

 Possible, but it would slow down the scan since now instead of
just looking at file names we have to open/parse/close each ones header.

 And some don't place the AR in the header and at all and we have
to do some guesswork based on resolution.

 It would be much simpler to run a script that does a check every 15-30 seconds
on the telnet interface to grab the AR of the current video if one is playing
assuming we add a query to return that info which shouldn't be too hard a task.