[mythtv-users] MythVideo question / feature request (?)

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:18:54 UTC 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 1:10 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> >
> > and whatever is watching should be smart enough to understand that the aspect
> > might change mid stream without actually ending playback and starting anew
> >

> That might be your biggest problem, actually. If you haven't cleanly chopped out
> all the commercials etc there may be several changes of aspect ratio not to
> mention interlacing, etc that happen within a single recorded program.

I think that this is something that I could deal with - I'd be looking
more at video files and DVDs primarily.  There are enough changes in
aspect ratios on my recorded HD channels that I's mainly set them to
16;9 unless I knew I was wacthing a 4:3 show.  video files, on the
other hand, could be one of many aspect ratios, but they typically
stay that way once they get into the video.