[mythtv-users] Advice needed on setting up DVB-S in SW London, UK

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 11:01:50 UTC 2008

On 04/02/2008 10:41, David Watkins wrote:

> Maybe your antenna is not designed for freeview, in which case it
> might be simpler and cheaper just to upgrade the antenna?

Analogue channels and digital muzes are all transmitted within band A
from Crystal Palace, so a different type of aerial is not required for
digital.

Of course, that doesn't stop the cowboys! I have seen a huge wideband
Telves aerial with MRD fitted on a hotel within walking distance of CP,
where the TV in my room picked up perfect analogue pictures with just a
coathanger.

http://adslpipe.co.uk/pics/crystal_palace_aerial.jpg