[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hangs with "NVP::OpenFile(): Error, file not found: output.nuv"

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Dec 28 22:11:42 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> I ran mythtv-setup on the master backend and it had the proper IP.  The
>> frontend machine with the problem is a frontend *only*, so it doesn't
>> have mythtv-setup;
>>

> The supported way of fixing it is to use mythtv-setup.  Worst case,
> install it (all of, what, 10MB or so) and uninstall when done.

Hmm, OK.  mythtv-setup pulls in mythtv-backend as a dependency, so I
thought it was only for backend machines.

I ran it and checked the master backend IP...it was OK, so I went
through all the screens and then exited.    Still doesn't work. :/  I
wasn't sure about the "local backend" one, though, since this machine
doesn't run a backend -- should it have the local machine's address, or
the master's, in that case?