[mythtv-users] Analog and Digital - Do i have this straight?

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 14:57:51 UTC 2008

JR,

I think you have it essentially correct.  However, how well the system
works for you will be highly dependent upon how many channels TW decides
to leave open vs scrambled.

In my area at the present, the digital feeds from TW are mostly
unscrambled; very much like the analog feeds.  So only the premium stuff
is scrambled.  I've read notes here and elsewhere about TW service where
almost all the channels are scrambled.  If your area is similar to the
latter, then the HVR-1250 connected in front of the "box" would be useless.

While my experience with TW causes me to hesitate with this
recommendation, I'd suggest you ask these questions of your TW tech
support folks.

Good luck!

Joe Henley