[mythtv-users] Myth only uses the LCD display sometimes??

Herman Kuiper herman at frontier.nl
Sat Dec 27 12:39:02 UTC 2008

> It seems it's a moody beast: 50% of the time MythTV ignores the LCD as
> if it's configured not to.  On reboots, it either works perfectly or
> not.  I've tried speaking to it in smoothing tones, even offered to make
> it a cup of tea, but it just rebuffs my every attempt at reconciliation.

I think there is something in the initialization of the LCD that
sometimes goes wrong. There has been something about that on the mailing
  list - that thread suggested killing mythlcdserver, after which it
should restart, but that didn't do the trick with me. What works for me
is going through the Appearance Settings first and next the General
Settings without changing anything. This always get the LCD in a working
state.

	Herman