[mythtv-users] After a new install, dont see Receiver Card.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Sat Dec 27 03:57:10 UTC 2008

I did a new OS install (CentOS 5.2 rather than Fedora 6), and using
the same kernel, and a recompiled MythTV, When mythbackend starts,
it doesnt see the receiver cards.  This even with the SAME kernel
(linux-2.6.27.5).

At best there are some comments like

    DVBChan(4:0) Error: Opening DVB frontend device failed.
    eno: No such file or directory (2)

Im not sure if I had to make some /dev devices in the past, but I
dont remember doing that.

Any thoughts on what Im missing?
Im having enough problems here that there is probably one simple thing
that Im missing, but at the moment its not obvious what it is.

Any thoughts?
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com