[mythtv-users] Mac OS X - Cannot connect to the master backend server

Junk Bin oldjunkbin at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 23:27:04 UTC 2008

Craig,

Thanks for the help.  I looked again (for like the 100th time) at the instructions to which you referred and realized a that I never changed the permissions on the storage directories used by Myth.  Once I did this things worked!!  Amazing what happens when you actually follow the directions.

I seem, however, to have problems with the Myth frontend hanging all the time - which requires a forced quit.  Another thing I noticed is that the Schedules Direct stuff just show a bunch of "unknown" stuff.  I think I need to make some translation between the Schedule Direct channels and the HDHomeRun Channels.

Again thanks for your help,

Dano