[mythtv-users] Mac OS X - Cannot connect to the master backend server

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 26 04:12:24 UTC 2008

At 3:27 PM -0800 12/25/08, Junk Bin wrote:
> Another thing I noticed is that the Schedules Direct stuff just show a bunch of "unknown" stuff.  I think I need to make some translation between the Schedule Direct channels and the HDHomeRun Channels.

Have you entered the XMLTVIDs for your channels?  When you login to the SchedulesDirect website, there is a handy button to printout your list of channels including the XMLTVid.

I've never had luck with Myth's LiveTV so I never use the channel editor there.  (Is there where you've experienced crashes?  I certainly do.)  I use the MythTV-setup channel editor to put in the XMLTVID for each interesting channel found in the scan.  I set the hidden attribute for boring channels (French language, not that there's anything wrong with that, and others that I'll never watch).

Craig