[mythtv-users] Fedora 10 upgrade feedback

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 20:26:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> wrote:
> Have many people taken the plunge into Fedora 10 for MythTV.
>
> Specifically any issues with SPDIF or audio output , and HDTV output?
>
> Any packages that I need for MythTV that aren't available for F10?
>
> thanks
> Paul

I now have four systems running F10, including three that I use as
frontends.  Three of the four systems were upgraded from F9; on the
fourth I did a fresh install.  No problems with SPDIF or audio output.
 Pretty much what worked in previous recent versions on Fedora is
working on my F10 systems.  As far as HDTV output, are you referring
to playing back HD content or connecting to a HDTV via DVI/HDMI?  I've
had no issues playing back HD content.  Same as sound; what worked in
F8/F9 is working in F10.  Can't speak to DVI/HDMI connections.  All my
systems are currently connected to TV via VGA.  DVI/HDMI connection is
something I hope to tackle in the near future.  I haven't had much
luck to this point.

HTH,
John