[mythtv-users] Digital Pegs CPU

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Sun Dec 21 20:07:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Paulin <paulin at spextreme.com> wrote:

> I've been playing around and got transcoding to do the resizing that makes
> it playable.  Also I found that SD is about 30% CPU.
> Also I have a display problem with Standard display.  Every once in a while
> (about every 1 to 2 minutes) I can see a 1 inch refresh bar scroll down the
> screen.   I've played with the Playback profile and I'm using the VIA XvMC.
>
> For the deinterlace settings (primary and secondary) I've used
> Bob(2x)
> One Line
> None
>
> I've tried every combination but it doesn't seem to change the refresh bar.
>

> So two questions:
> 1. What is this bar?  Am I correct in that it is the deinterlace?
> 2. What should I change to correct this?
>
> Thanks
> steve

I'm going to revive this thread a little. I got a new NVidia card and
started using my Backend which has a 2.2 Dual Core CPU.   Anyway it's
working pretty good but I"m still seeing one problem I can't seem to fix.
The problem is that I can see a 2 inch area at the top where it seems like
Deinterlacing is a problem (distored).  It is more noticable when there is a
lot of movement on the screen (panning, action, etc).  I payed around with
the deinterlacers in the Playback profiles and it doesn't change anything.
I did also play with the settings of the NVidia driver configuration.  This
got it to go away but now it moves across the screen (bottom to top).   I
can't seem to remove it completely.

Can anyone point me to something I should look into or try.  I'm having this
problem on Standard TV playback, DVD iso.  I haven't gotten HD playback
working yet so I can't confirm if it's a problem with HD.  I have played
these back using the windows Myth Player and the videos are fine (not
seen).  So I think it is just a configuration problem.

Thanks
steve