[mythtv-users] Always something going wrong with Myth

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Dec 19 17:30:13 UTC 2008

Hello. I just can't seem to get myth to work properly. There's always
something that it's messing up on.

Live TV absolutely never has the voice sync working. All recorded shows and
all movies work just fine. So I'm stumped on this one.

Shows don't always record when they're supposed to. Yesterday for example,
Top Chef didn't record. We have two tuners, and were watching live tv at
that time, so the other tuner should have recorded it, but it didn't. Not
only that, but it decided to reschedule the recording to December 26th, when
there are going to be about 10 showings of the same episode. Any ideas as to
why it would do this?

We have a single combined fe/be. Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.8ghz, 1GB Ram PC5300, 2
750GB Seagate drives (DB and Recordings on separate drives). No other
programs running. In fact I did a reboot on it yesterday cause of a power
outage.

--Thanks for any help. WAF is super low right now cause that's her show, and
cause she is the one who watches the Live TV the most (except for Lakers
Games).
-Steve