[mythtv-users] recording problems with recent 'fixes' build

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Dec 21 16:34:36 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Paul Harrison wrote:
>
>>> Interestingly I built 19356 on the 13th (2008-12-13 14:48 CET).
>>> So I might try a fresh build you mean?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info.
>>> Will have a look at 19358.
>>>

>> Yes  you've just been unlucky and grabbed a revision  just before the
>> fix went in. Just do an svn up to get the latest revision an all will be
>> well again :-)
>>

> Cool! I am now building revision 19412. Is that version without known
> problems?
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Kind regards,
> Udo

You can usually always rely on the fixes branch being stable. Only bug
fixes generally get committed to it so it gets more stable over time.
Occasionally  people make a mistake like the one that caused the bug you
hit but that's rare. With hind sight Jarod should have committed the
firstl fix to trunk only first and let it sit there for a few weeks just
to make sure it didn't cause any unforeseen problems before merging it
into the fixes branch. I can only assume he'd been testing it for a
while without any problems.

Paul H.