[mythtv-users] Mytharchive errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 16:03:31 UTC 2008

Rod Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 December 2008 05:35:17 pm Harry Devine wrote:
>
>> I can play the original file in the Myth frontend player fine.  No audio
>> mismatches that I can notice.  Its just the trancoded file that seems to
>> have the out-of-sync audio.  Where do I fine-tune that in the standard
>> player?  Just so I can see what it's set to and I can try using that
>> value when trancoding the file.
>>

> During playback, press "M" (or whatever remote key is linked to "M"), then
> select "Adjust Audio Sync" from the pop-up menu. Note that if the audio sync
> differs from the original and transcoded file, you'll need to adjust it on
> the transcoded file and then re-transcode it using the offset you decide is
> best on the transcoded file.

Duh!  I should've known! :-)  OK, I found that if I set the Audio Sync
value to -20ms, it matches pretty well.  So I ran your transcode script
and chose -0.02 as the audio delay.  I haven't gotten a chance to play
it yet, but will tonight.  When I do, and it looks good, how do I go
about getting Mytharchive to use it?  I know that I can  rename it to
have the nuv extension, but since Mytharchive wants to transcode it, and
the file is already transcoded, will that mess anything up?

Thanks!  I'm sorry if that last question sounds dense.
Harry